BCBSIL Has Resources to Help Your Patients During COVID-19
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the health, safety and well-being of our members – your patients – continues to be our top priority. At Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL), we understand that this may be a stressful time for your patients and want to provide some resources for them about topics such as mental and physical health tips, expanded access to care and benefits for COVID-19, frequently asked questions and how to guard against COVID-19 scams and identity theft.
What You Can do to Help
- Share links with your BCBSIL patients to our member COVID-19 Alerts and Announcements page.
- Talk to your patients about their mental health as well as their physical health.
- Encourage your patients to stay active while staying at home.
- Print or email a flyer about COVID-19 for your BCBSIL patients.
- Allow patients to express their concerns and ask questions.
The above material is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for the independent medical judgment of a physician. Physicians and other health care providers are encouraged to use their own best medical judgment based upon all available information and the condition of the patient in determining the best course of treatment.